Subjects and Curriculum
Years 7 – 9
The curriculum in the first three years of the Senior School, Years 7 – 9, is structured under eight learning strands. Some strands contain more than one subject. All subjects are taught for varying number of periods every week, with the exception of music, drama and dance which are taught on rotation twice throughout the year for half a term each, and food textiles and craft which are each taught once for an entire term every year.
1. Communicate and Express – English literature and language, French and Spanish
2. Number – mathematics
3. Science – science
4. Human and Social – geography, history and religious education
5. Perform, Compete and Create – physical education, dance, drama and music
6. Represent and Interpret – art
7. Design and Make – ICT, food and nutrition, textiles and craft
8. Ourselves and Others – PSHCCE.
Download the Year 7 Curriculum Booklet 2016-17
Download the Year 8 Curriculum Booklet 2016-17
Download the Year 9 Curriculum booklet 2016-17
Years 10 and 11
In Years 10 and 11 pupils study for their GCSE qualifications. Pupils study for ten GCSEs as standard.
Pupils can then select four GCSE option subjects. Please download our latest GCSE Options booklet to see the wide range of subjects currently on offer.